- 1 Windows requirements
- 2 VLC for Windows 95/98/Me
- 3 Older versions
- 4 New apps
- 5 Older versions
- 6 Related topics about VLC for Windows 10
- 7 You may also like
- 8 VLC for Windows 10 help and info
- 8.1 Is VLC for Windows 10 Safe?
- 8.2 Is VLC for Windows 10 Free?
- 8.3 How to Download VLC for Windows 10?
- 8.4 Should I Get VLC for Windows 10?
- 8.5 How to Play DVD on VLC for Windows 10?
- 8.6 How to Install VLC for Windows 10?
- 8.7 How to Use VLC for Windows 10?
- 8.8 Why do I Need VLC for Windows 10?
- 8.9 Is VLC for Windows 10 Supported?
- 8.10 Is VLC for Windows 10 64 Bit?
- 9 Download VLC Desktop 3.0.3
VLC runs on all versions of Windows, from Windows XP SP3 to the last version of Windows 10.
VLC for Windows 95/98/Me
Please install KernelEx or take an old version of VLC
Older versions can be found by browsing our FTP archive
What does this mean?
We have scanned the file and URLs associated with this software program in more than 50 of the world’s leading antivirus services; no possible threat has been detected.
This software program is potentially malicious or may contain unwanted bundled software.
Why is the software program still available?
Based on our scan system, we have determined that these flags are possibly false positives.
What is a false positive?
It means a benign program is wrongfully flagged as malicious due to an overly broad detection signature or algorithm used in an antivirus program.
It’s highly probable this software program is malicious or contains unwanted bundled software.
Why is this software program no longer available in our Catalog?
Based on our scan system, we have determined that these flags are likely to be real positives.
We’d like to highlight that from time to time, we may miss a potentially malicious software program. To continue promising you a malware-free catalog of programs and apps, our team has integrated a Report Software feature in every catalog page that loops your feedback back to us.
Flag any particular issues you may encounter and Softonic will address those concerns as soon as possible.
Alternative VLC for Windows 10 download from external server (availability not guaranteed)
V >A trial version program for Windows
V >Your one-stop video processing software
Icecream V >Multimedia for Windows
SanV >Multimedia for Windows
VLC for Windows 10 2015.915.1119.1464
VLC for Windows 10 18.104.22.168
VLC for Windows 10 3.0.7
VLC for Windows 10 2.2.6
VLC for Windows 10 2.2.4
VLC for Windows 10 2.2.3
Related topics about VLC for Windows 10
You may also like
Play your videos without difficulty
DVD Player-support VLC
A full version program for Windows, by SecurityDevelopment.
HEVC V >For Viewing HEVC Formats
VLC media player
A media player for every format
VLC for Windows 10 help and info
Is VLC for Windows 10 Safe?
VLC Player is perfectly safe. While there would ordinarily be a risk of download malicious software when looking for software on the Internet, this version of VLC Player is only available through the Microsoft Store. This means that it is vetted by Microsoft before being listed, so should be safe.
Is VLC for Windows 10 Free?
All versions of VLC Player, including for Windows 10, are open source. This means they are free to download and use with no restriction. Open source also means that the source code which makes the app is freely available to download and modify. In this manner, the app is kept updated.
How to Download VLC for Windows 10?
Typically you would go to the VLC website, or a trusted file repository site like Softonic. This version is specifically designed for Windows 10, however. As such, you will find this app in the Microsoft Store. Simply open up the store and search for «VLC Player». Once found, simply click «Get».
Should I Get VLC for Windows 10?
Whether or not you should get this version is a judgement call. On one hand, VLC for Window 10 is designed specifically for the OS, giving a better user experience on that platform. On the other hand, Microsoft restrict many features of apps in the Microsoft Store, such as DVD playback.
How to Play DVD on VLC for Windows 10?
Unfortunately, DVD and Blu ray playback is not supported in the Windows 10 release of VLC. This is a restriction placed on the developers by Microsoft, who also removed any kind of native DVD playback support from Windows itself. The desktop version of VLC can still be downloaded from their website.
How to Install VLC for Windows 10?
One advantage to having the VLC app in the Microsoft Store is the ease with which you can install it. Rather than downloading, running, and going through the installation procedure manually, you simply find the VLC app in the Microsoft Store, click «Get», and wait. Installation will be handled automatically.
How to Use VLC for Windows 10?
Using VLC for Windows 10 is much the same experience as using the regular desktop version of the app. Albeit with slightly less features. Digital media can be opened from within the app or dragged onto the app to play. Controls appear at the bottom of the app when watching video.
Why do I Need VLC for Windows 10?
VLC Player is renowned for being able to play a wide range of file formats, a feature that may be useful if you regularly watch downloaded content. The Windows 10 version of VLC gives you the same ability to playback digital media, with the convenience and visuals of a Windows 10 app.
Is VLC for Windows 10 Supported?
VLC is currently still supported across most platforms, including mobile devices like Android and iOS. The app is open source, and managed by the VideoLAN Organisation. VideoLAN do not charge a fee for their apps, however donations are encouraged in order to keep apps like VLC supported in the future.
Is VLC for Windows 10 64 Bit?
The Windows 10 version of VLC player is exclusively for x64 architecture, meaning there is no 32 bit version available. It is still possible to find a 32 bit version of the regular VLC desktop app, however, but the Windows 10 is 64 bit only, and given the trend in computers, will probably stay that way.
I know most of our Windows users like having the VLC multimedia player around and for a good reason.
This platform offers a large amount of accessible multimedia files, as well as the DVD’s readings, audio CD’s, VCD’s extensions and many other streaming protocols.
The latest version available on the market for free is the 3.0.3 VLC version for Windows operating systems. One of the best features in this new version is the faster decoding time on multi-core– test it for yourself.
So, let’s take a look at the available features in the VLCDesktop application and see what’s new in this version. Read this review all the way to the end to find the link which you can access in order to install the latest VLC Desktop version.
Download VLC Desktop 3.0.3
The video features available in VLC 3.0.3
- The VLC app brings us with this new version some new video outputs for the Windows 7, OS/2, Android and last but not least the compatibility with iOS platforms.
- It also has a “shader” support for the OpenGL outputs and also for “colorspace” conversion.
- A high variety of anti-flickering and debanding filters available.
The Audio features available in the latest VLC version:
- In the audio features, VLC includes resamplers for higher quality audio output.
- Karaoke filters and a dynamic range compressor.
- As posted above it has the feature for new audio outputs like iOS, Android and even OS/2.
- Faster processing of the audio outputs that are made by simplifying the audio core of the application is another useful option available in VLC 2.0
The devices and inputs for this application are many in number but I will enumerate just a few that many of our users probably need:
- BluRay discs.
- Support for a SDI capture cards if needed.
- Support for QTKit devices if you have any that you want to use.
The VLC 3.0.3 version also provides support for MxPEG files, streams as well as a more customizable menu for the Mac OS X operating system.
Also a large variety of fixes for HTTP Live streaming, “CDDB”, “UDP/RPT” support and a great improvement in bug fixes on the”MKV” support subject.
VLC is one of the few media players that support absolutely all the file formats our there.
So, if your default player could not render a particular format, go ahead and install VLC Desktop on your Windows computer and you’ll be able to play the respective file.
Here is the complete list of supported media file formats:
- MPEG-1/2, DivX (1/2/3/4/5/6), MPEG-4 ASP, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3, DV, On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video v3 (IV32), Real Video (1/2/3/4).
- MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.
- DVD, Text files (MicroDVD, SubRIP, SubViewer, SSA1-5, SAMI, VPlayer), Closed captions, Vobsub, Universal Subtitle Format (USF), SVCD / CVD, DVB, OGM, CMML, Kate.
- ID3 tags, APEv2, Vorbis comment.
So, if this version got your attention, access the link below and install VLC to try it for yourself.
If you have any other questions regarding VLC media player, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.