- 1 Problem – Failed to install hcmon driver:
- 2 Solution:
- 3 24 Comments
- 4 What is the HCMON driver?
- 5 How to fix this error?
- 6 Solution 1: Install the product as an administrator
- 7 Solution 2: Update the drivers
- 8 Solution 3: Remove the hcmon.sys driver
- 9 Solution 4: Install the product using PowerShell
- 10 Solution 5: Install .NET Framework 3.5.1
- 11 Installing the VMware Remote . — VMware …
- 12 Failed to install the hcmon driver — YouTube
- 13 how to resolve failed to install hcmon driver — …
- 14 How to fix Failed to install the hcmon driver …
- 15 [SOLVED] VMware Remote Console "Failed to …
- 16 Fix: VMRC Installation Windows 10 Pro error: …
- 17 VMware Remote Console on Windows 10 gives …
- 18 How to fix Failed to install the hcmon driver …
- 19 Installing vSphere Client 5.1 fails with the error: …
- 20 Оборудование для ресторанов, софт
- 21 Купите аккумулятор HB3S1
Problem – Failed to install hcmon driver:
While trying to install VMware’s VMRC on Microsoft Windows 10 the installation fails with error “Failed to install hcmon driver”
In my case I was trying to install VMRC version 7.0.1-2508353
The solution that resolved the error for me was to run the installer with elevated privileges.
- Open a command prompt as administrator.
- Launch the installer from the elevated command prompt.
About The Author
I am an IT Operations Manager, managing all aspects of the IT infrastructure and service for a mid sized UK based company. I have been working full time in IT since 2001 in 1st to 3rd line and System Administration roles. MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, Citrix CCA
Thanks! That was my problem
That’s sorted it for me too, thanks. Even VMware devs are sometimes too lazy to check their work. Installer should request elevated privileges itself.
Great, it helped me too
Worked for me! Thanks!
Another thanks, this fixed my issue.
Perfect! It’s work!
Worked for me. Thank you very much!
Worked great!! Thanks
This problem was so annoying and these steps were so simple and worked very well! Thanks so much!
Dude, you are a life saver. I have been struggling with it for the past few days.
no it is not working for me
Thanks, it worked !
why don’t you use rught click on MSI file and choose “run as administrator”? isn’t it thw same?
for me it didn’t work neither through command line no through context menu
MSI’s don’t give you the option to run as administrator on the context menu. You can add the functionality using steps similar to the below however I normal just do it via a administrator CMD.
If you get the MSI installer to create a log file does it show anything interesting
msiexec /i “C:PathInstaller.msi” /L*V “C:logexample.log”
Thank you Man solved my Issue
tnks …solution is very good …
Your solution solve my hard problem in few minutes. Without this part in my vm didn`t work bridget connection, and I can`t finished my job in time. Thank you!
i am getting the same error
Nice. Worked for me. Thank you.
it did not worked for me on windows 10 build 1607
it may help someone else :
my user is in administrator group and as a workaround i switched user (ctrl-alt del -> switch user and choosed administrator)
and then i ran the msi as administrator and it installed properly.
i did not had to uninstall anything (except vmware integration client 6.0 but i am not sure if it is relevant to this issue)
Leave a reply Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Camilla, a certified MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), has almost four years technical writing experience. She is now the author of Driver Easy. Before working as a writer, she was a technical support helping people to solve their computer problems. She enjoys providing solutions to computer problems and loves exploring new technologies.
If you get error “Failed to install the hcmon driver” during installing the VMware products ( vSphere, Remote Console, etc.), don’t worry. You can fix the problem with one of the solutions in this article.
What is the HCMON driver?
HCMON driver is a virtual USB driver. It allows your physical USB ports to connect to the virtual machines.
How to fix this error?
The error occurs can be due to different issues. We post the top 5 solutions in this article. You can fix this error with one of these solutions. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down until you find the one that works for you.
Solution 1: Install the product as an administrator
When you install the product, you’re required to install the hcmon driver. Windows may see this as a user adding hardware to the PC. But this user doesn’t have the permission to do that. In this case, this error may occur. Try to install the product as an administrator:
1) Right-click on the downloaded setup file.
2) Click Run as administrator. If you don’t see the option “Run as administrator”, this solution doesn’t apply to you. Skip then move on to other solutions.
Solution 2: Update the drivers
Corrupted drivers especially graphics drivers can cause this error. To fix the problem, try to update the drivers.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update the drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged drivers to automatically download and install the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Solution 3: Remove the hcmon.sys driver
The HCMON driver might be installed. One possible solution is to remove the hcmon.sys driver. Follow these steps:
1) Go to Device Manager.
2) Click View > Show hidden devices.
3) Double-click Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
4) Right-click hcmon and click Uninstall.
6) Delete the C:Windowssystem32drivershcmon.sys file.
7) Restart the computer.
Solution 4: Install the product using PowerShell
Try to install the product in PowerShell. Follow steps below:
1) Type “powershell” in the search field. Right-click Windows PowerShell (The name may be different depending on the Windows version you’re using.) and click Run as administrator.
2) Go to the location where you saved the setup file. This is to get the msi name.
3) Type .xxxx.msi in PowerShell command prompt and press Enter on your keyboard. XXXX means the name of msi file. Replace it with your msi file name.
In my case, my file is “VMware-VMRC-10.0.1-5898794”:
So I typed “.VMware-VMRC-10.0.1-5898794.msi”:
Solution 5: Install .NET Framework 3.5.1
To install the product successfully, ensure your computer has installed .NET Framework 3.5.1. If not, install it.
Click here to go to the download page of Microsoft to download .NET Framework 3.5.1. Then install it on your computer.
15.11.2016 · I am trying to install the VMware Remote Console plug-in for my Internet Explorer 11 32-bit browser, . "Failed to install the hcmon driver." . This fixed it for Windows 10 for me — …
|failed to install hcmon driver when install vmw. |VMware .||18.09.2017|
|Installation error VMRC client on windows 10 |VMware .||13.06.2016|
|VI Client 5.1 fails to Install — HCMON Driver |VMware .||13.04.2016|
|HCMON Driver fails to install (vSpehere Client . |VMware .|
Installing the VMware Remote . — VMware …
Installing the VMware Remote Console fails with the error: VMInstallHcmon — Failed to install hcmon driver. (2130850) Installing the VMware Remote Console fails with the error: VMInstallHcmon — Failed to install hcmon driver. 2130850
Failed to install the hcmon driver — YouTube
25.07.2017 · Installing vSphere Client fails with the error: Failed to create service for hcmon driver. Rename the C:windowssystem32drivershcmon.sys file to hcmon.sys.old. Run the installer again and it should install without any problems.
how to resolve failed to install hcmon driver — …
21.06.2016 · how to resolve failed to install hcmon driver Nadim Almas. Loading. Unsubscribe from Nadim Almas? . Failed to install the hcmon driver — Duration: 1:07. J Lockett 5,211 views. . Setting up the perfect Windows 10 …
How to fix Failed to install the hcmon driver …
If you get error Failed to install the hcmon driver, don’t worry. You can fix this errorv quickly with these top 5 solutions. Stop wasting time now.
[SOLVED] VMware Remote Console "Failed to …
30.06.2017 · [SOLVED] VMware Remote Console "Failed to install hcmon driver." . Or are you saying, this explicit instruction on how to re-install the VMRC should be included in the KB article? . Enable HCMON by creating a EnableHCMON registry value (DWORD 32 change type, from 0 to Data 1)
Fix: VMRC Installation Windows 10 Pro error: …
Failed to install the hcmon driver. and then the installer would exit. To get around this, I launched an elevated command prompt and executed the installer through the shell. — Search for cmd in your start menu and right click it. Run as administrator. Accept the UAC prompt and change to the directory that has your VMRC installer.
VMware Remote Console on Windows 10 gives …
VMware Remote Console on Windows 10 gives ‘Failed to install the hcmon driver .
How to fix Failed to install the hcmon driver …
Windows 10 Tips. Windows 10 Freezes on Startup or Boot [Fix] Critical Structure Corruption on Windows 10 [Solved] Youtube Say This video is not available. How to fix it? BEST Fixes for Audio services not responding on Windows 10; How to Fix DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER Blue Screen Error; AMD Radeon HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 10
Installing vSphere Client 5.1 fails with the error: …
This issue occurs, if the machine in which you want to install vSphere Client 5.1 does not have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 installed or if the feature is not turned on.
Оборудование для ресторанов, софт
Реклама Оборудование для ресторанов, торговли, автоматизация ресторанов и торговли, софт ?пн-пт 9:00-19:00
Купите аккумулятор HB3S1
Реклама Купить аккумулятор HB3S1 Huawei MediaPad 10 Link -Бесплатная доставка! ?круглосуточно